COVID-19 Screening Form - Boucher Campus
The British Columbia Provincial Health Officer requires all students of post-secondary institutions participating in the delivery of any medical services at a care location for training to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This provincial order applies to all students acting as primary interns, secondary interns, students shadowing in the clinic as well as Y1T1 students at the Boucher Campus for all Boucher clinics as well as for preceptoring and externships.
If you believe you have a valid medical exemption, you need to seek the approval of the regional Medical Health Officer for the Fraser Health District.
The College is required to comply with the provincial directive. It is not known how long this Order will remain in effect, but it is likely to be for at least the remainder of this year and the first half of 2023.
NOTE: Students must have received both doses, plus wait a period of 14 days from the last dose to be considered fully vaccinated.
COVID-19 Screening Form - Boucher Campus
Effective Nov. 1, 2021 ALL faculty, staff and students who are accessing the campus or Boucher clinics (onsite or external) must complete and submit the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool prior to entering the campus or external sites each day they will be on site.
- A screen shot of the completed app including the date and time must be emailed by you, to BCScreening@ccnm.edu.
- This will enable us to track compliance and help Fraser Health with contract tracing if there is an exposure incident.
If a person does not have access to a device that will support the app, they will instead be required to submit the attached Communicable Disease Questionnaire each day they will be entering campus or one of the clinics.
- All members of the CCNM – Boucher Campus community must be extremely attentive about completing the COVID-19 or Communicable disease self-assessment prior to entering CCNM – Boucher Campus each day they will be on campus and must use their Boucher ID cards when accessing the campus.
- While on the premises, physical distancing of at least two meters is recommended when possible.
- Masks or face coverings must always be worn properly when on campus. A mask or face covering may be briefly displaced when drinking or eating but must be placed back properly on the face immediately afterwards.
- Individuals experiencing symptoms must stay home and are recommended to be tested for COVID-19 as outlined in the CCNM - Boucher Fall Campus Plan 2021.
Failure to comply with these communicable diseases (including COVID-19) requirements is considered a breach of conduct and sanctions may be an outcome for an individual who continues to disregard procedure.
Concourse Screening Times
September 14, 2020 forward will be 8:15 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. – 1:10 p.m.
Please arrange to arrive so you can be screened appropriately or you will not be able to enter campus. Do not enter campus areas without being screened: ie: classroom areas, student areas, locker areas, clinic, general admin, academics admin, student services, counselling, library, lounges, etc. Anyone who has Covid symptoms is required to self isolate as per the BCCDC, please see the attached Covid flowcharts below for guidance if you have questions about attending or if you should isolate.
Anyone found in violation of the safety precautions and procedures that have been implemented for Return to campus, including but not limited to: being on campus without being screened, not wearing a mask, gather in groups, will be asked to leave campus and will be remanded to the Dean’s Council (students) or HR (staff/faculty) for breach of conduct. Thank you for your understanding and compliance for the safety of our community.
Campus Access and Safety Protocols
Do not gather in groups and minimize close contact (proximity, duration of exposure)
- This means keep more than 2m away from others in rooms, workspaces and all common areas whenever possible
- You may be in social bubbles with some of your classmates/workmates while not on campus, however, our campus space is not part of your bubble and you must be masked
Use masks at all times when not in a room isolated by yourself masks may only be removed for:
- Eating/drinking and must be replaced immediately after
– You must be at least 2m apart when you have your mask off for eating
– Masks should not be off for more than 15 minutes, more time than this has been defined as prolonged exposure by the CDC.
- Or for specific procedures during practical classes as instructed by the Academic Faculty and replaced as soon as possible
– Follow all other PPE guidelines instructed by Academics for practical classes
Sanitize any table/chair you have used with the provided spray or wipes (ie. Lysol/Caviwipes) before you leave
- Wash your hands frequently
DO NOT ATTEND if you are feeling sick, even very mild symptoms, contact:
- ACADEMICS: inform your instructor and Dr. Heisel
- CLINIC: Inform your Supervisor and Dr. KFY
Only students scheduled for a practical class or clinic are allowed on campus
- There are extenuating circumstances for a few students d/t commute times
– If this applies to you, please ensure you have contacted Dr. Heisel or Dr. KFY to get approval to stay on campus between practical class and clinic.
- Go outside when you get a chance
– Get fresh air and some sunshine
ALL STUDENTS/STAFF/FACULTY: MUST BE SCREENED IN THE CONCOURSE BEFORE ENTERING THE FACILITY
- If you are attending for a clinic shift then please proceed directly to the clinic for screening, go to your locker after screening.
- If you are attending class before clinic, you MUST BE SCREENED on the CONCOURSE BEFORE ENTERING the facility.