Vaccination Policy – Boucher Campus
The British Columbia Provincial Health Officer requires all students of post-secondary institutions participating in the delivery of any medical services at a care location for training to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This Order applies to all clinic staff, clinic faculty and students acting as primary and secondary interns, and first and second year students shadowing or on rotations at the CCNM - Boucher campus and applies to all Boucher clinics as well as preceptoring and externships.
Boucher Campus – Policy on COVID-19 Vaccinations – November 18, 2021
As of November 18, 2021, all clinic staff, clinic faculty, students (herein referred to as “Required Individuals”) who attend campus must provide:
- proof of full vaccination against COVID-19; or
- written proof of a medical exemption, provided by the Provincial Health Office of BC which must include the time period that this exemption is valid.
As mandated by the Government of British Columbia, CCNM will collect, maintain, and disclose statistical (non-identifiable) information as follows:
- documentation that includes (collectively, “the Statistical Information”):
- the number of Required Individuals that provided proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19;
- the number of Required Individuals that provided a documented medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19;
- the total number of the Covered Organization’s Required Individuals to whom these Instructions apply.
- disclose the Statistical Information to the Private Training Institutions of Branch of BC (PTIB) or Ministry of Health- Public Health (MoH-PHO) in the manner and within the timelines specified by PTIB and/or MoH-PHO. MoH-PHO may seek additional detail within the requested Statistical Information outlined above which will also be specified in the request. MoH-PHO may further disclose this Statistical Information and may make it publicly available.
At this time this policy does not apply to patients visiting for medical appointments.
This policy is subject to change based upon the latest requirements of the Government of British Columbia.
CCNM formally encourages all members of its community without a medical exemption to be Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Full vaccination required for new hires and additional assignments
As of January 2022, all candidates applying for positions at the College will be required to be fully vaccinated (as outlined by the province) and to submit proof of vaccination status. Current employees, who apply for additional positions/roles within the college, will also need to provide proof of full vaccination status to be considered. If an individual has not been engaged in a role during the last year, that role will be considered new for the application of this policy.
Effective: Nov 18, 2022
Revised: Jan 4, 2022, September 12, 2022
For the purposes of this document, “fully vaccinated” means having received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by WHO (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); and having received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to clinic entrance and have any boosters as required by the government of BC to be considered fully vaccinated.