Current Research Projects at the Patterson Institute
Natural health products in integrative cancer care: Which ones have the most promising evidence from 218 recent reviews of human controlled studies?
Cogo E., ND, MSc, MLIS, Papadogianis P., MSc ND. Poster presentation for the 2018 IN-CAM Research Symposium
Human Controlled Studies in Integrative Cancer Care: Part 1 – The Role of Herbal and Mushroom Products
Cogo E., ND, MSc, MLIS, Bhardwaj S., BHSc, Papadogianis P., MSc, ND. [Manuscript under preparation].
- Future investigations to include The Role of Nutrients and The Role of Traditional Asian Formulas
Systematic review and meta-analysis on the use of natural health products during the surgical period in integrative cancer care.
[In progress] To date, over 2000 studies have been screened in duplicate for review inclusion.
- Future investigations to include the use of natural health products during chemotherapy, radiation and in palliative care.
Program Manual for an Integrative Cancer Retreat Model
Patterson M., Cogo E. ND, MSc, MLIS, Papadogianis P., MSc, ND. 2018 [Manuscript under preparation]
- A cancer retreat is a unique and integral part of integrative cancer care and can provide valuable support to people living with cancer.
- This design of a retreat will be evidence-based
- These retreats will provide an opportunity to study the impact for people with cancer and their caregivers when they are immersed in a multi-day group environment to explore different integrative therapies.