This original seven-week webinar series, is now available on-demand. Dis-ease tells a story, not just about our cells and a diagnosis, but of ourselves and our lives. We’ll explore how biography becomes biology, and how listening to our life stories connects us to our authentic being. The focus of this 14-hour course will be to integrate the study, practice, and clinical application of mindfulness and mind-body therapies. The principles and practices of mind-body medicine will be explored through lecture, discussion, guided experiential exercises, case studies, assigned readings, and practical homework. This course is a personal and professional journey that leads us to become better physicians and our best selves.
- Explore how one’s biography becomes their biology
- Engage in your own self-healing journey
- Acknowledge and discover the wounded healer in each of us
- Cultivate compassionate awareness and a healing presence
- Enhance the effectiveness of the therapeutic relationship
- Learn to treat people with stress related disorders
“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, it is by making the darkness conscious.” Carl Jung
- To apply mindfulness, relaxation, guided imagery, and counseling as therapeutic tools.
- Cultivate a therapeutic relationship based on compassionate awareness.
- Dialogue with symptoms in order to discover their meaning and message.
- Integrate mind-body healing with other therapeutic modalities.
- Understand somatic psychotherapy models including internal family systems therapy.
- Session 1 - becoming a mindful practitioner
- Session 2 - how biography becomes biology
- Session 3 - guided imagery - listening to symptoms
- Session 4 - guided imagery - listening to inner wisdom
- Session 5 - childhood trauma & adult disease
- Session 6 - healing presence in the therapeutic relationship
- Session 7 - clinical application & integration