Careers at CCNM
Teaching Assistant, Naturopathic Clinical Arts and Sciences III (CCNM - Boucher Campus)
Are you looking for an organization where people care about each other? We are that organization!
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) Boucher Campus is seeking a Teaching Assistant for Naturopathic Clinical Art and Sciences III Intravenous for the Spring 2023 term.
CCNM follows government or site-specific requirements with respect to vaccination and proof may be required based on the nature of the role.
Naturopathic Clinical Art and Sciences III Intravenous:
- Students are taught basic skills required to safely perform injections and intravenous therapies at the Boucher Naturopathic Medical Clinic including:
- Rationale for therapy
- Safety considerations and emergency procedures
- Needle and vein selection
- Needle insertion techniques
- Osmolarity calculations and drip rate
- How to safely and properly mix solutions
- Students receive instruction on injections; specifically, sub-cutaneous and intradermal, and a review intra-muscular (taught in NCAS I). Students practice administering sub-cutaneous and intradermal injections.
- Students receive instruction and practice mixing and administering 30mL IV Meyer push and 100mL IV Meyer bag. Student must also demonstrate competency in solo administration of IV bag and push.
- 3hrs per week for 6 weeks (1 - 4 p.m.) starting May 18, 2023. The course includes didatic material, practical classes, and competency evaluation / examination.
- Certifications with the CNPBC including Pharmaceutical Prescribing Authority and IV Therapy, and or analogous certifications for medical doctors and nurses is also acceptable.
- The ideal candidate will possess a board licensed ND, MD, or RN
- Experience in IV Therapy an asset
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Experience in onsite course delivery an asset
- Positive demonstrated commitment to student success
- Ability to motivate and engage students
- Ability to adapt and excel in new delivery and assessment platforms
- Excellent, demonstrable communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with students and colleagues
- Positive, demonstrated commitment to student success
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), is Canada’s premier, pan-Canadian academic institution for education and research in naturopathic medicine. Our graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations for all regulated jurisdictions in Canada and the United States to become naturopathic doctors. The College is a registered charity dependent upon tuition, research grants and donations for the fulfillment of its mission. CCNM has two campuses, one in Toronto and another in the Metro Vancouver area known as the Boucher Campus. The College provides an attractive work environment for those who value good health and who enjoy working in a positive creative atmosphere.
CCNM welcomes individuals who have demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will partner with us in expanding our EDI capacity. We encourage applications from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous Peoples, Black-identified persons, other racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as women and/or LGBTQ2SIA+.
CCNM is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.. Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. This document can be made available in an alternate format upon request.
Submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Submit your application package including your portfolio to:
Human Resources Department
Human Resources Department
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for, and where you saw this job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.