Careers at CCNM
Support Analyst (CCNM - Boucher Campus)
Do you want to work for an organization where people care about each other? We are currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Support Analyst for our Boucher Campus.
In this challenging position, you will report to the Director, Information Systems and be responsible for providing “Tier 2” technical support to end-users for software, hardware, networks and various related devices. The Support Analyst also utilizes, manages, and maintains software systems related to the IS Support function, including: service desk and ticket tracking, asset inventory, OS deployment, mobile device management, desktop management, and desktop remote control.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology, or a recognized equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- One or more of, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS or MCITP certifications, or a recognized equivalent
- ITIL Foundation qualification certificate, or a recognized equivalent
- High-level understanding and experience using Windows (7/8/10) and MS Office suite (2010 or later). In-depth experience using command line tools for support and troubleshooting purposes
- In-depth experience of troubleshooting PC application software, hardware, peripherals and network-related issues
- In-depth experience supporting Outlook mail clients across all platforms
- In-depth experience with iOS and/or Android mobile device deployment and management
- Experience with supporting the following; email management systems (Microsoft Exchange), document management systems (Microsoft SharePoint), identity management systems (Microsoft Active Directory), Audio-Visual devices, Telephony devices and control systems
- Exemplary customer service skills to deal with a wide variety of internal and external clients
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Tact, discretion and ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
At CCNM, we take pride in our flexible work policy, where our employees have the opportunity to work both remotely and on-site. Each employee’s flexible work schedule will be determined by the Manager and is based on the department’s operational needs.
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), is Canada’s premier, pan-Canadian academic institution for education and research in naturopathic medicine. Our graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations for all regulated jurisdictions in Canada and the United States to become naturopathic doctors. The College is a registered charity dependent upon tuition, research grants and donations for the fulfillment of its mission. CCNM has two campuses, one in Toronto and another in the Metro Vancouver area known as the Boucher Campus. The College provides an attractive work environment for those who value good health and who enjoy working in a positive creative atmosphere.
CCNM welcomes individuals who have demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will partner with us in expanding our EDI capacity. We encourage applications from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous Peoples, Black-identified persons, other racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as women and/or LGBTQ2SIA+.
CCNM is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. This document can be made available in an alternate format upon request.
Submit your resume with a covering letter to:
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for, and where you saw this job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.