Careers at CCNM
Acting Manager, Academic Affairs
Do you want to work for an organization where people care about each other? We are currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Acting Manager, Academic Affairs.
In this challenging position, you will report to the Associate Dean, Academic Education and be responsible for managing all administrative functions for the Academic department including lectures, grades, forms, schedules and evaluations. The successful candidate will oversee administrative support for the academic department and act as a liaison between Instructors, Teaching Assistants, and Associate Deans. This position will assist in the creation and delivery of course schedules; coordinate and participate on committees and groups chaired/supervised by the Associate Dean as required; work closely with the Human Resources department supporting faculty timetables and payment schedules. You will supervise the Academic Administrative Assistants. The Acting Manager, Academic Affairs will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of student accommodations as approved by the Accessibility Advisor and Learning Strategist.
Available: ASAP (18 Month Contract)
- Post-secondary training in education, business administration, project management or a related field
- 5 years of administrative management experience is an asset
- Certificate in Project Management or equivalent experience is an asset
- Highly developed computer literacy in all range of administrative support programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access
- Proven ability to maintain organized information systems for projects and/or department including records management
- Demonstrated leadership skills – able to prioritize assignments and assist direct reports as required
- Proven organizational and time management skills and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, tact and judgement, with a demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of persons both internally and externally
- Ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
At CCNM, we take pride in adopting a flexible work policy, where our employees have the opportunity to work both remotely and on-site. Each employee’s flexible work schedule will be determined by the Manager and is based on the department’s operation needs.
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), established in 1978, is Canada's premier, pan-Canadian academic institution for education and research in naturopathic medicine. CCNM has two campuses, one in Toronto and another in the Metro Vancouver area known as the Boucher Campus. Its graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations for all regulated jurisdictions in Canada and the United States to become naturopathic doctors.
CCNM welcomes individuals who have demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will partner with us in expanding our EDI capacity. We encourage applications from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous Peoples, Black-identified persons, other racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as women and/or LGBTQ2SIA+.
CCNM is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. This document can be made available in an alternate format upon request.
Submit your resume with a covering letter to:
You can apply by submitting your resume & cover letter through the link below:
On the cover letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for and your salary expecations. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.