Careers at CCNM
Academic Manager (CCNM - Boucher Campus)
Are you looking for an organization where people care about each other? We are that organization!
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Academic Manager to manage and coordinate administrative functions for the Academic Department at the Boucher Campus. This position will help to ensure the proper functioning of the department by providing: logistical support to ensure that department information flow meets the needs of the College including administrative support; liaise with faculty members, information management and records maintenance support.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Academics you will be: responsible for the onboarding and orientation of faculty; scheduling and facilitating deferred and remedial examinations and proctor exam viewing sessions; assist with the preparation of academic timetables including room bookings, printing and distribution and ensuring any changes are communicated to faculty and students; liaising with instructors to ensure course materials are posted each term, provides an initial review of syllabi each term, and liaises with instructors and the Director of Academic Affairs regarding syllabi; creates and oversees the implementation of procedures related to independent-track student progress; creates and maintains databases related to student academic performance, and provides academic standing reports each term; tracks approval of academic invoices and ensures timely submission; oversees the ordering of academic supplies for all courses; and will be the main contact point for student inquiries for the Integrated Resource Center/Academic Department.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), is Canada’s premier, pan-Canadian academic institution for education and research in naturopathic medicine. Our graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations for all regulated jurisdictions in Canada and the United States to become naturopathic doctors.
The College is a registered charity dependent upon tuition, research grants and donations for the fulfillment of its mission. CCNM has two campuses, one in Toronto and another in the Metro Vancouver (New Westminster) area known as the Boucher Campus. The College provides an attractive work environment for those who value good health and who enjoy working in a positive creative atmosphere.
CCNM welcomes individuals who have demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will partner with us in expanding our EDI capacity. We encourage applications from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous Peoples, Black-identified persons, other racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as women and/or LGBTQ2SIA+.
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine is committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities throughout the recruitment process. Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. This document can be made available in an alternate format upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Post-secondary training in education, business administration, project management or a related field
- Three or more years’ experience in a college/university academic environment preferred.
- Highly developed computer literacy in all range of administrative support programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access
- Experience with a student information database preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external representatives to provide academic services at the level required by the organization
- Ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
- Proven ability to maintain organized information systems for projects and/or department including records management
- Demonstrated leadership skills – able to prioritize assignments and assist direct reports as required
Submit your resume with a covering letter to:
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for, salary expectations, and where you saw this job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.