CPR health-care provider (HCP level C + AED)
November 3, 2021
Time: 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Credits: CPR Certification
Venue: CCNM - Toronto Campus
Open to: Students NDs Health-care practitioners
Course type: Present
Whether you are entering clinic at CCNM, renewing your CONO registration, practicing IV therapy or are a health-care practitioner wanting to renew or update your CPR, we offer a two-year certification course which includes AED training and can be taken for certification or recertification. This five-hour course will teach you the skills that can help you save lives in cases of heart attacks and other acute emergencies. Completion of this course will enable you to recognize heart attack symptoms and teach you the skills necessary to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on infants, children and adults. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a card certifying completion of the course.
We offer CPR courses every month. If this course is full and you need your CPR certification for yourself or a group before the following month, call us and we will schedule another course. Precautions and guidelines: participants are asked to remain six feet apart mannequins will be disinfected prior to use participants are advised to bring and wear facial masks all participants will be asked to fill out a questionnaire prior to coming into the College Participants are advised to reschedule if: they suspect that they may have been in contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 are presenting with flu like symptoms travelled out of country within 14 days prior to the CPR training date
Precautions and Guidelines:
- participants are asked to remain six feet apart
- participants are advised to bring and wear facial masks
- all participants will be asked to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire at the College
- all participants will be asked to provide proof of full vaccination in order to enter the College or
- all participants not fully vaccinated are required to complete an educational session and are required to be tested upon entry to the campus or show proof of a validated negative rapid antigen test result completed within 72 hours from when your on-site activities are scheduled to end (rapid antigen tests and access to the education session both need to be scheduled three days in advance of the course).
The links for COVID-19 screening, uploading COVID-19 vaccination records, the education session, and to self-book a testing appointment will be provided to you after the registration. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 416-498-1255, ext. 220.
Participants are advised to reschedule if:
- they suspect that they may have been in contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19
- are presenting with flu like symptoms
- travelled out of country within 14 days prior to the training date
Ian Phythian has been a paramedic for the region of York for about 50 years. He has also been teaching CPR/first aid for approximately 45 years and coordinates the CPR/first aid program at Seneca College where he teaches nurses, students, and paramedics. Ian also helped coordinate the establishment of AEDS (Automatic External Defibrillators) throughout York region schools, community centres and York regional offices and delivered the CPR and AED training to staff and each of these locations. We are excited to bring Ian on board to teach at CCNM.